Trying to get over Ex

I met my ex-girlfriend freshmen year of college and she was my first girlfriend, my first sex partner, we were meant to be, but that all changed after I joined the militray. I dated her for 3 years, and was even engaged to her the last year we dated. I broke off the wedding 6 months before the wedding, because I just wasn't ready to get marryed yet, I wanted to be single again, I loved her and all, I just wasn't ready, well that sort of ended up ending the whole relationship. I found out that she started dating a guy from college that she had been friends with for 2 years and she only waited 2 months after we broke up and now doesn't even want me to call her anymore, doesn't reply to any of my emails either. I just wanted to know what you all thought on this situation, I still love her and it's really hard to let her go, I think about her every time I do something, it sucks. I just want to know how do I get her out of my head and move on.

I can completely relate. I can't say from experience how to get her out of your head... I'm still in the "try to win her back" phase.

I think the best way to move on though is come to terms with your feelings... I mean accept the fact to love her and that you always will, but also accept the fact that right now there is nothing you can do to forward those feelings.

Relax and move on with other aspects of your life. Hang around friends more and DON'T talk about her with them. Don't go looking for another love wait for it to find you. It's only a matter of time.

Good Luck

P.S.

There are tons of posts on this kind of topic, search the forums you'll find plenty of advice.

I wish all the guys and gals would read this and learn from this example. Its very simple, a good relationship is based on trust, when you broke up with her and hurt her, you lost her trust plain and simple, thats it! its over,

So many times I see the same thing happen, one of the two people in a great relationship decides they are not ready, and needs "time" and they breakup hurting the other person but expect them to hang around and wait for them to find themselfs.

But generally what happens is that it does permanent damage to the relationship, even if you get back together, it usually happens that the other person will try, but find that she cannot love you the same because of that lack of trust. and I cant say I blame them.

You goofed, learn from this mistake, and next time think about the consequences of your actions. and stop contacting your ex,but first tell her you are sorry about what you did, and that you wont bother her anymore, but that youll be available if she needs you. She is not being cruel to you by avoiding you, its just that the love she once felt for you comes back and causes her pain, so think about that, everytime you call her you cause her pain! so the best thing you can do, is let her be, and move on. she was your first true love, but wont be your last. you are more wise now.

Take care Heretic

Thanks for the feedback, I accept the fact that I hurt her and I've told her many times that I am sorry. I just feel like 3 years of my life was something important and just some kind of hello would be nice, just to know that she still exsits. I don't know, I think I am just in the "I just really miss her" phase. I will take your advice though, and I appreciate it.