7 months since BU and still cannot move on

As the title says, we have been broken up for 7 months and I still think about her every day. I have been NC for over 3 months now. I would think being NC would help me get over her but it hasn't.

I am losing hope, every time I try to talk about with someone about it they tell me to go see a therapist. I am losing all hope that I never get over this one and will never be able to have a fulfilling relationship. I have no interest in dating anyone else because my mind just feels stuck on her.

She hurt me really bad, lied to me, cheated on me, put me down and talked bad about me to her friends and yet here I am still pining over her. I wish I could just switch my feelings off and not give a F about her, but life is never that simple.

My first partner treated me less than human. It really messed me up and to this day I still experience symptoms. It ended almost three years ago.

There's no time limit on these things, but something to keep in mind; you've only been NC for three months. That's only three months of healing. The time between your BU and initiating NC doesn't count; you've only recently taken the necessary steps to move on with your life. It also depends on how long your relationship was.

Don't beat yourself up over it, see a therapist (multiple, if you have to) and I promise you, you will find someone better. I did. Never thought I would, but I did, even though that one didn't work out either.

Archived