Girlfriend been acting distant this week.. Is she scared of deeper feelings for me due to ex? (long)

fmfan08

She's talking about both sides of her mouth, OP.

She is happy you're different from her ex, yet this change in relationships is causing her so much distress that she's gone distant? Makes no sense.

Again, I stand by my statement that what you say or do isn't going to make much difference if she's not over him. And I'm sorry to say, but it very much sounds like she's not.

She's talking about both sides of her mouth, OP.

She is happy you're different from her ex, yet this change in relationships is causing her so much distress that she's gone distant? Makes no sense.

Again, I stand by my statement that what you say or do isn't going to make much difference if she's not over him. And I'm sorry to say, but it very much sounds like she's not.

Yeah it doesn't make sense. She did say there were other things on her mind but didn't say what.

I can understand if from the age of 17 to 24, just having that relationship and nothing else to go off, it would be a shock with someone new.

For now I'm going to keep my feelings from going deeper and keep focusing on my job, etc. As long as she keeps agreeing to go out then fair enough but if I get distant behaviour on our holiday, I'll nip it in the bud then. Most likely I'll talk to her face to face over a coffee or drink and say what I think then end it. If she can convince me she's over it then okay, I'll just take two steps back and go with the flow for now.

Archived