Have you Ever ghosted on a date? What would you do?

cingularity83

I know what you mean Katrina...

I also am not a big fan of maybe because it's very ambiguous and like you said it's hard to tell for sure what it means.... I'm also inclined to veer towards "maybes" usually meaning no when people are trying to be "nice" haha.

If I never talk to her again or see her again it really doesn't matter to me either way. I've already crossed that threshold so right now I'm operating under a whole totally different mode with her.

The week is this one so I'll send her a text tomorrow with plans I have & if we don't make it out then it's fine.

Okay so I hate reading and following threads that have no updates or

conclusions... whether good or bad.

So I ended up keeping to my word and sending the girl a msg as I said to her I would to get in touch with her after she had said "maybe next weekend?" To my previous request and......................... to keep a long story short I never heard back from her. This was Wednesday when I texted her and for all intents & purposes it's basically Saturday now.

Now I know there'll be that ONE positive & optimistic person that would come I'm saying something along the lines of give her time to respond back, this, that & the third but uhhhhhhh............ no.

In a kind of way I'm more disappointed that I didn't listen to my intuition more so than her not even replying. I can't control what she does but I certainly can control what I do.

And also I feel like she could've just done this (chosen to not reply route) last week rather than replying with a maybe when she clearly knew what was up.

At any rate, I guess the I can walk away for sure now and just leave her be without any regrets or what ifs.

Sorry it didn't work out, cingularity. If she wasn't interested, I still think it would have been kind and courteous for her to not only acknowledge your message, but at least let you know that she couldn't see things progressing any further (as opposed to ignoring you).

Either way, I give you props for reaching out and keeping to your word. I honestly believe that we have to be the kind of person we're looking for, so I'm glad you stuck it through (because I'm sure you would have appreciated the gesture if it was a woman reaching out to you after she said she would!). Eventually you will find someone who meshes with you!

Archived