why do women date losers?

nebbish

It's not ALWAYS everything, but I think charisma and acting skills have been underestimated here...

I think that if someone was honest and upfront, it would be obvious that they had nasty intent or were a 'loser'. Thats why most of them lie and tell girls what theyd like to hear.

In other words, they mold themself into your perfect man, and then when youre stuck with them, they slowly show who they really are and you dont see the transition.

One day you wake up and realised your trapped with a guy you never liked to start with. You were in love with a person that never existed

I hope that explains it further.

• 3 weeks later...

you mean bad boys?

hmmmm.

I am not sure.

I will answer that one later but Sometimes we are not sure of it until it is too late.

You know the saying, love is blind. A bit cliche but true.

Sometimes thses guys started out good but ended up well as good guys and ended up as bad boys when things go wrong and they snap.

Just a hypothesis I am probably throwing around....

ok, then. bad boys. why do they pick bad boys-- say boys who are old enough to do something with their lives than live at home and mooch. and i don't mean super responsible (everything else being equal consider the responsibility of a 28 year old in a combat unit in iraq as opposed to the same 28 year old who still lives at home).

so what about bad boys?

• 7 years later...

I stumbled on this thread when asking this exact question. Thanks to google for finding the answers. You never have to look far to find interesting answers to questions. Anyways, I just wanted to add my two cents to this discussion even though I guess it is a very old thread. But this topic will never die as long as there are men and women on this planet haha.

I actually have a very good example that does bother me about this phenomenon because this loser type guy married my sister. I know everyone here is saying don't let it bother you but for me it does. I put my own feelings aside about it all because she told me she was truly happy. She is still in love with him but I believe her eyes are starting to open about the truth.

I agree with Belinda. The losers are liars and for the most part they are mainly lying to themselves. Even now when I talk to my brother in law and tell him to go get a job all he says is that he can't because he is too busy but whenever I see him all he is ever doing is playing video games. I could go on and on about how disgusting I feel about the fact that people like this exist. I don't even hate him because of his loser quality. I think its more the fact that he has convinced himself that he is a god among men and is bringing my sister down.

Belinda I feel for your situation. I'm not in it but I can see it with my own two eyes. How can someone look in the mirror and convince themselves that they are great. Then go and be "confident" then hurt other people with what seems like no remorse.

Girls, I blame you as well for encouraging this among men. You convince yourself that the lies are ok as long as you are attracted. Open up to the possibility that people are not who they appear to be sometimes. At least base some of your choices in the long term on actual facts. When a guy says he has no time to study, get a job, or do anything which has long term prospects but tells you he loves to work, provide, and do well in school. At least some warning system should go off.

A lot of what I have said might not be clear. Most of it is just plain old venting.

Archived