Hi my names phil, I'm a student from birmingham and I've never had a girlfriend.

It's not for lack of trying but I feel so rubbish. I know its not

that uncommon for people my age to have never had girlfriends before and I do feel happy with myself and stuff. I would say I look relatively attractive and I treat everyone I meet with the same approachable attitude. I think I'm just not confident enough and need some tips...

cheers peeps

Well, dating really invovles a set of skills. You need to have some confidence, but building that up is not easy.

I'd recommend looking at the different skills and take them on one at a time, improve yours, and watch your become more confident. I would really suggest working on regular conversational skills and learning to read and send signals using body langauge.

Then take away the pressure by not searching so hard. Just go meet more women. You will find that most women are not compatible with you. Don't settle for the first girl that wants you unless you really do want her too. Oh yeah, and give yourself an edge. Make yourself stand out from other guys in some way. Just be interesting. Take advantage of your strengths.

Don't try. Yeah, it sounds crazy but it works. The more you think about it, the more you'll get discouraged and less confident in yourself. You don't need skills, you just need you. Everything you need to know you already know. Focus on becoming the best person you can be, do things that you enjoy doing and make ou feel good about yourself. Once you are comfortable with yourself that confidence will naturally shine through and will impress people.