Any tips for when u have to see your ex every day?

Rjw716

I've written my story on here several times so check out one of the previous posts if u want all the info. As for this post:

My ex gf broke up with me almost 2 months ago. We were together for about 10 months. We broke up over the summer and starting last week i have to see her in school everyday. We dont have any classes together but its a small school so i see her often in the hallway and stuff like that. We havent interacted at all in school which sucks because i was so used to being with her constantly and being affectionate. Seeing her in school really sucks. It makes me feel anxious and dreadful and brings a lot of memories as well as feelings of hurt up to the surface. Anyone have to go through a similar situation? If so, any tips on how to make it feel less bad? Also, how long does it take to not hurt so much to see her? A few weeks? A few months?

Thanks

I assume you're in high school??

Honestly, the easiest way (I said easiest, not best) to make it stop hurting is to become excited about someone new.

Before everyone roasts me, I know getting into a rebound intentionally is a pretty mean thing to do to the new person. But you're in high school, things don't need to be so serious. A few dates with a new lady don't have to mean a new relationship.

Got any cute lady friends? Ask one to dinner. Ask a different one to a movie.

Start casually dating, and if you find one that you feel something with, then great! If you don't, then at least it was an evening not spent pining over ex.

Sooner or later, you'll look at the calendar and realize it's been weeks since you've missed ex.

You are asking how to run when you are not even crawling yet. You can get tips for seeing your X every day in school, but you haven't even accepted the basics. What is concerning me is that you are 16 and you lack any ability to let go. 1.Its over and no where have you accepted that. 2. She is not coming back, you two had a great time but its time for the two of you to move on. 3. You need to let go of the relationship. 4. Quit crying over what you don't have and look at what you do have. 5. You need to tell your parents so they can get you into counseling.

Normally, I would suggest to someone that you stay friendly to your X and don't play those games like avoid, take another way to a class, ignore her if she sees you or if she says hi. All that is childish and to be honest, it takes a lot of mental effort to do. If you see her, you can say hi and leave it at that. Understand she does not want to be with you, there are no games she is going to play, no breadcrumbs, no hints, she is not going to call or text you or say "I miss you" it is over.

So what is your greatest fear? You seem to have a tough time letting go. I think I have asked you in another post why are you so afraid? Do you think you will never meet another girl again?

These are the times when you do two things when life knocks you down. You either lay there and cry about how unfair life is, or you stand up.

That's so awkward. I once had a relationship with a co-worker, it didn't work out and we were in the same office space together. It took a while. Should've taken the stress leave from my counselor. What I did was use headphones. I kept a journal near me to jot down my anxiety when she walked by. Eventually she moved to a different part of the building. That helped. But for me, I eventually acknowledged it was awkward and that I didn't want to break up with her. Once I confronted and accepted my feelings, the feelings didn't have so much power and began to weaken over time as life naturally helped me meet new people and kept me busy.

Archived