Typically, are most women who go to a coffee shop alone...

To be honest, that's exactly what I'm asking. I guess from what I sort of thought was that if she already has a bf or whatever he'd be there with her. But of course, she could just be by herself that afternoon/morning or whatever.

I guess I sort of answered my own question with a hint from your response.

I guess it was more of a question of when she is not preoccupied, yet just sitting my herself doing nothing but drinking/eating something. Obviously, people go to coffee shops, too, to just do their work or whatever. But if she is not preoccupied at all, is that even a slight sign?

Sorry for the loaded question...

I'm going to have to say no. A woman sitting alone in a coffee shot just relaxing by herself is not necessarily single. Coffee shops are a nice place to relax and I like to go by myself whether or not I have a bf at the time. You can't really tell in this situation whether the woman has a bf or not unless of course she is engaged or married and you can see her ring...other than that, it's tough to tell. There are many reasons why a woman in a relationship would go to a coffee shop alone and just relax by herself.