This is the hardest relationship I've ever been in

Capttrae

Like the title says this one is hard, it'll be worth it if everything plays out right, if it does that'll be a major change. Right now due to my work sechdule and living situation we see each other 2-4 days every 6 weeks. We are trying to combine oilfield and long distance two very trying things alone, but trying to do both virtually unheard of. We get to actually talk on the phone maybe once a week if I'm at the dock at the same time she's off work. When we are together it's really good and I'm happy to see her but at the same time I'm sad bc I know in just a few days either she'll have to leave or I will and it'll be another 5-6 weeks before we are back together. Good thing is there is an end in sight, she's moving up to Ky after her son graduates so at least there's a timeline set in place.

Not asking any questions of anybody here just putting it out there for whatever reason. It just takes patience.

Hang in there, it will be worth it in the end. I mean what's the alternative? Being single and alone completely? Not having her in your life at all? It's all perspective and you do have an end in sight.

Don't get me wrong breaking up isn't in the equation just saying its a hard relationship right now

Yep sure is

I think you have a choice to make --- is she worth it? Or could you meet someone who lives near you when you are home? Are there any plans for her to relocate closer to you? Will there be an end date where you will find something else besides being on an oil rig eventually?

I think you have a choice to make --- is she worth it? Or could you meet someone who lives near you when you are home? Are there any plans for her to relocate closer to you? Will there be an end date where you will find something else besides being on an oil rig eventually?

Yes she's planning on moving up at the end of the school year after her son graduates. Is she worth it?? Yea she is. As for me finding something else, I'm going to try to start an apprenticeship realtivly soon to learn taxidermy. Get that mastered and take a leap of faith, step away from the oilfield and venture out in my own.

Archived