She started sending one/two word texts.

Brutal555

I see my girlfriend mostly once in a week because we're not able to see eachother more often at the moment so we have to text a bit more. Her texts used to always be longer, funny and easy going but now she suddenly started texting me short texts, mostly two/three words and she takes longer to reply.

What's the best thing to do in this situation because I don't want to push things. I personally think I should back away to give her the space to rethink stuff If that's what she wants. Maybe I did something I'm not aware of or maybe it's nothing serious. Anyway, I could use some advice on how to react and what would be my next best move

I think you're right to back off. A good rule-of-thumb is to reciprocate someone's interest....if they back-off, you back-off...if they are more forthcoming, you be more forthcoming.....it makes for a more balanced relationship.

Well she just told me that she's on her period. Could be a reason for all the behavior change. Anyway, I will act based on what you said. I always did it that way

Well she just told me that she's on her period. Could be a reason for all the behavior change. Anyway, I will act based on what you said. I always did it that way

I think it's bull when a woman says she on her period, so that gives her a card to act y or whiny. Everybody has their phone by them 24/7. No reason not to reply to texts within a long hour

I think it's bull when a woman says she on her period, so that gives her a card to act y or whiny. Everybody has their phone by them 24/7. No reason not to reply to texts within a long hour

Sure is bullsh*t. But what is there to do except be cool and present during their emotional storms

Yeah, but are we only talking about a few days here? You're giving her only an hour to respond and if she doesn't, it means you've broken up?

It's facebook messaging we're talking about here. I was just saying when she was online she used to text quicker and longer.

I think she's depressed because she's going through some problems I really can't help her with except show her support. But even If she's sad over some other stuff I still feel that guilt that I'm the one responsible and that I shoould do something to make her laugh or bring here back in a good mood. But ofc that's not always possible

Maybe you should try having a period with constant cramping and backaches for 4-5 days, then revisit this. Are you cheerful, happy, energetic, and on your phone when you have the flu?

Maybe you should try having a period with constant cramping and backaches for 4-5 days, then revisit this. Are you cheerful, happy, energetic, and on your phone when you have the flu?

Thank you.

Think twice before you criticize someone's physical condition when you have zero first-hand experience with it, OP.

Thank you.

Think twice before you criticize someone's physical condition when you have zero first-hand experience with it, OP.

I'm not criticizing it. I'm just wondering If there's something I did wrong. MAybe there isn't. I will be understandable and will give her the time she needs

Archived