Meet the mum, meet the friend's... and

Rust

Right so I’ve been dating a girl (call her Cat) for about a month and I’ll admit it’s just been a light and fun relationship hanging, out dancing and pool. Recently it seems to be becoming more serious than anticipated e.g meeting her friends and family.

There are thrre issues that came up recently.

1)Couple weeks ago Cat introduced me to her friends and that went all good, until the next day where two of her friend’s messaged me wanting to hangout. So I decided I’d get to know them with out her around, next thing both have made a move on me (ones a guy, awkward as and other a female). Made it clear wasn’t interested and haven’t been contacted by them since.

Should be concerned about her friends behavior? Can anyone shed a little light on this?

2)meet the mother during a party,

during this meet up I felt like I was being asked 20 questions, so when the tables drinks where gone I went to get drinks for the table and I overheard Cat being asked whats going between me and her he froze up, kinda laughed and looked at everyone at the table to which mother responded “he’s a all good”.. with finger point and a thumbs up.

Well I got the mothers approval yay, not really concerned we figure it when we good and ready.

3) introduction to my friends was bad.... we meet up at my place they knew I'd been hanging out with Cat, and They didn't want anything to do with.

When asked they just say you can do better, and criticized me for it.

This is my biggest problem. They need to understand I'm going date whom I want not who they chose to meet their incredible standards. They have always been honest but, they jus f refuse to talk about this with me.

Any questions feel free ask.

Parents asking a million questions - normal.

Other than that, sounds like you and her both need better friends.

I think her friends contacting you like that and then hitting on you was beyond strange. Could be they were testing you for her sake to see of you'll cheat or do something inappropriate. Who knows. Frankly, you going to hang out with her friends while excluding her is equally shady behavior imho.

Your friends are super rude as well. You will need to stand up to them and be firm that they are not to badmouth your dating/relationship choices. I mean, you really shouldn't have to teach people that. Pretty common sense I would think.

Well before I started hanging out with her. One said she would go around using her charm to get what she wanted, flirt around (I'm pretty flirty myself, and help friends find dates and get numbers ect.), trouble apparently (never had any till I meet her friend's).

We all have past and we have alked about this and I'm all good with a past had one myself.

Another friend: just says you can do better, what happened to (previous partners or dates).

Well before I started hanging out with her. One said she would go around using her charm to get what she wanted, flirt around (I'm pretty flirty myself, and help friends find dates and get numbers ect.), trouble apparently (never had any till I meet her friend's).

We all have past and we have alked about this and I'm all good with a past had one myself.

Another friend: just says you can do better, what happened to (previous partners or dates).

First one is fair warning, looking out for you kind of a thing. Of course you do need to make your own judgments and decisions. But a friendly warning wouldn't upset me.

The second one is totally out of line and rude. I'd almost wonder if he/she might not be a bit jealous and bitter. Completely uncalled for comment and I would actually back them off firmly. With friends like that......

Archived