Awkward around certain girls

Wolfshook

Is there any way to stop being awkward around some girls?

I'm no longer in my teens but I still tend to be awkward when I'm around certain girls. This goes into two extremes. 1)Not confident enough so I dont really know where to look when I see girl that I like approaching me.

And 2) over confident around certain girls and I can be an ahole.

Number 2 is relatively easy to control,but no 1 is the real problem. Ieg. yesterday I was at a bar/club and I exchanged looks with one girl and later she was walking into my direction I looked at her seen her looking at me and automatically turned my head away. Well it turns out she made a coment about one "trick" I was playing with (I do it sometimes when we are bored at bar) and I didn't even register it. I just seen her having weird look on her face and my friend asking me why I didn't reply.

I felt so ashamed and decided it's enough.

Does anybody have any idea how to change this?

You start by talking to everyone. You make small talk with servers, coffee baristas, the person sitting next to you on the train...you make small talk with everyone that you can until you can talk to "certain girls" comfortably.

Practise.

You start by talking to everyone. You make small talk with servers, coffee baristas, the person sitting next to you on the train...you make small talk with everyone that you can until you can talk to "certain girls" comfortably.

Practise.

Through that I managed to get to a point where I'm able to chat up girls here and there. And my job is such that I have to do both meaningfull and small talk with strangers in order to get network.

The problem with some girls (usually ones that I reaallly like physically) persits and I'd like to get some additional ideas.

Through that I managed to get to a point where I'm able to chat up girls here and there. And my job is such that I have to do both meaningfull and small talk with strangers in order to get network.

The problem with some girls (usually ones that I reaallly like physically) persits and I'd like to get some additional ideas.

Lol, practice. Seriously the best advice, but good luck

it might help to find a few other guys who you know that share a similar problem and help each other work through it. sharing, challenging each other etc. it's really an internal fear and practice(experiencing it more often) is the best way to get over it but sometimes we all need some help to get over the initial hump and build

some momentum.

Archived