Dealing with the Contempt

This is a addon post to the one i did earlier called Moving on. I got great advise from all of you and i am happy to be a member of this site.

My delema now is the comtemp that i have to deal with every day. I have started just being friendly to my ex letting her do what she wants and just saying have fun and i hope you enjoy yourself. (if you read my other post you will understand the background). However now all i get from her is I hate you. that was yeasterday. now today i told her i got invited to a win and cigar tasting and a specific night and she said she already had plans. so i said no big deal tues are usually your night anyway so i will just not go. then again i got the I hate you. I think she just hates me because i am being the parent she is not. or i remind her of what she wants. i am find with our breakup now. i really am but we are parents togetheri wish she could talk to me without just saying i hate you. because she does'nt. I am still her most trusted friend. I have no ideas anymore. I am trying to take care of my kids and myself. She has made a life that does not include either of us (I.E. me or the kids) and she hates me.

Try to ignore what she does. Interact with her as you need to for the sake of the kids, be pleasant and just don't respond to any nasty comments. If she sees they don't bother you she may stop. She might escalate for a while but eventually she will probably stop because it doesn't get what she wants - a reaction.

It sounds like she isn't dealing with her emotions very well. I think DN has given the best advice you re going to get. Give her time to sort herself out and hope she comes to her senses and in the meantime have essential contact and no more. It's harsh but you need to forget about her as much as you can beacause although its distressing to you the kids have to come first and they dont need to see that. Good luck