I loved a girl and thought she loved me but now I feel lost and betrayed

There is this girl that I really like. I have known her for four years. I have seen her reject another guy and I thought she did so for me three years ago. She started hugging me and texting me a lot. We did a lot of projects together and we also hung out with other friends. In the past, she has complimented me and sent valentines day messages. She often went PDA (or so I thought) on me either by hugging me, grabbing me from behind or sitting on my lap. Although, I've seen her be playful with other guys, I thought I was special to her judging by the way she looked at me and the way she trusted things in me. I decided to ask her on prom, but she said she likes to ditch and wants to hang around with everyone. I am feeling betrayed and angry at myself. I always thought we gad something, but when I asked her if she ever loved me, she said no. I am upset and want to know how to get over this or whether I should ask again?

Some girls can be funny one's at this age and can be all flirty and send the wrong messages. Unfortunately, some of them just want the attention. But not all girls are like this, some are genuine.

I am sorry she sent you the wrong messages and confused you. You sound like a good guy. Look elsewhere and see if you can ask someone else to prom that is worth your time and attentions.

Some girls can be more shy and more quiet, but they can possibly be more genuine too. I hope it works out for you.

Some girls can be funny one's at this age and can be all flirty and send the wrong messages. Unfortunately, some of them just want the attention. But not all girls are like this, some are genuine.

I am sorry she sent you the wrong messages and confused you. You sound like a good guy. Look elsewhere and see if you can ask someone else to prom that is worth your time and attentions.

Some girls can be more shy and more quiet, but they can possibly be more genuine too. I hope it works out for you.

Thanks a lot for your advice. Unfortunately, I think I am too emotionally destabilized to ask someone else as I fear I'll only be dragging my own sorrow upon them. Taking into account what you said, I guess she really was only appearing flirty for attention. I asked her if she ever loved me and she said no. I guess some people display their friendliness in a way that can be mistaken for affection and I was the victim of this, forever believing she truly loved me.

Don't let her mixed messages ruin your prom. Find another girl and go enjoy your evening. Those memories don't come back around. You only get to do these things once. Perhaps a nice night with a female friend or another date will take your mind off this other girl.

Archived