How do I express my feelings?

DAmari

I don't like expressing my feelings really to anyone. The only thing they really get out of me is an 'I love you' which is when they tell it to me first even though I feel the same way inside.

I never get no further than that. I am so use to holding them in. I feel if I tell someone my true feelings about they'll end up hurting me.

I have never told any of my exes why I love them or why I cared for them and, I don't plan on it telling my future boyfriend either. I'm afraid of getting hurt.

When I want to I get nervous and I'll just change my mind altogether. How can I improve expressing my feelings?

Getting hurt is unavoidable while living a full life. You can't keep yourself in a closed bubble, in a quivering fetal position. Not being able to tell someone that they look really cute, that you love their eyes, that they are a great kisser, that they are a really kind-hearted person, is a surefire way to get dumped. Nobody wants to be with a person with barriers up. It's like trying to cuddle up with a cold, dead fish.

The only control you have is to choose a partner wisely. They should have all of your must-haves and lack deal breakers. You also have control of being a great girlfriend. If that's not good enough for them, then they aren't the right person for you. If it doesn't work out, then you keep dating until you find the gem. Think in a more positive way. If a breakup happens, you are upset, but then over time, will move on. It happens to everyone. When you have a fulfilling life outside of a boyfriend, you will move on much more quickly, so make sure you have hobbies/interests outside of a bf, that you spend time with girlfriends, and also concentrate on your education/career. Be a strong woman who can handle anything that comes her way. Take care.

What makes you think you have to emotion dump on people? And how is complimenting someone by saying nice things about them or to them hurting you?

I don't like expressing my feelings really to anyone. I feel if I tell someone my true feelings about they'll end up hurting me. I have never told any of my exes why I love them or why I cared for them and, I don't plan on it telling my future boyfriend either.

Getting hurt is unavoidable while living a full life. You can't keep yourself in a closed bubble, in a quivering fetal position. Not being able to tell someone that they look really cute, that you love their eyes, that they are a great kisser, that they are a really kind-hearted person, is a surefire way to get dumped. Nobody wants to be with a person with barriers up. It's like trying to cuddle up with a cold, dead fish.

The only control you have is to choose a partner wisely. They should have all of your must-haves and lack deal breakers. You also have control of being a great girlfriend. If that's not good enough for them, then they aren't the right person for you. If it doesn't work out, then you keep dating until you find the gem. Think in a more positive way. If a breakup happens, you are upset, but then over time, will move on. It happens to everyone. When you have a fulfilling life outside of a boyfriend, you will move on much more quickly, so make sure you have hobbies/interests outside of a bf, that you spend time with girlfriends, and also concentrate on your education/career. Be a strong woman who can handle anything that comes her way. Take care.

Thanks a lot!

What makes you think you have to emotion dump on people? And how is complimenting someone by saying nice things about them or to them hurting you?

I never said I didn't compliment them.

Archived