Did I do the right thing?

So this was the situation.

There's a girl I kind of like. She's very attractive and quite possibly out of my league. However, after bottling it with previous girls, I decided not to let the same thing happen this time.

This girl works on a toll bridge and I sometimes have to pass there on the way to a friend's house. I would be surprised if she knew who I was but I was damned if I wasn't going to ask her (if only to build up my own confidence). So this is the scenario:

Me: Hi

Her: Hi

(purposeful fiddle for change to buy time)

Me: Bet you can think of places you'd rather be than here on a day like this?

Her: yeah just about. Musn't moan though, it's money.

(Hands back change)

Me: thanks

(slowly cruise away, then reverse back)

Me: (handing her a slip of paper with my name and number). Just in case you think of any give me a ring.

(Off I drive)

Now, regardless of the fact that she probably won't ring me back, and the fact I'm over hurdle one in my conquering of female fear, did I do ok?

good job..never easy to strike a conversation with a complete stranger let alone give out ur phone number..but in the future u'd be better off askin for hers!..its not all tht difficult, jus dont have to think too much bout it before asking..giving her ur fone number takes the game into her hands..but if u've hers then you are calling the shots!..if she doesnt give u hers(they always do, but sometimes it turns out to b their ex's!LOL!) accept it and move on..dont dwell!

Hey i think this whole thing kinda depends on how well you knew her before you gave her your number and stuff - would she def have known who you are?

Ydas - do women really get scared off if they think you're a player?

Reason i ask this is:

link removed

Someone i'm really interested in (and someone i was sure reciprocated that interest) has got it into her head that i'm a player, and i can't figure out if this is what is holding her back, or whether she just isn't interested!!