Dating an ex's friend friend

aloneinBK

I am about 4 months out of a difficult break-up (I was the dumpee). About 1 month ago, I contacted a guy who I had met through my ex on a couple of cabin weekends. He is a good friend of my ex's good friend. I felt a connection with him when we met so I figured, ok, I've been dumped, he had recently messaged me to say hi, let's go for it.

We've been out now 3 times and I really like him. We feel like kinda different people but there is chemistry between us. We've taken things slow, just kissed a bit at the end of each date. Taking time to get to know each other. In between dates we've texted like all day every day.

This weekend I felt him pull back a little bit. We didn't text for a whole day, and I've initiated every text convo since. Today I texted him and he hasn't responded all day.

I'm worried that something out of the blue has happened. Just my luck. Or, the big one--that he's thinking we shouldn't be together b/c of the ex connection. We haven't spoken about it at all. I figured, if it got to a stage where we wanted to be exclusive, we'd discuss it then.

I feel ridiculous freaking out, but this is totally out of the communication pattern we've set up. Should I try to text him again tomorrow something light, or ask him if he wants to talk about anything? Should I just give him some space and wait for him to reply? He was honestly so into texting me before.

I should also mention, apparently he went through a rough break-up in 2016 that I heard secondhand he may have been hospitalized after (mental stuff). I have also been having a hard time after my break-up but I'm in a much better mental space now. But this whole dating dance...I hate it so much.

Thanks!

Sorry this is too much to soon for both of you. It's been 3 dates so you don't need a "relationship talk" because he's not "texting like all day every day".

Slow way down on the texting and rebound clinging. Relax and wait for him to contact you.

Should I try to text him again tomorrow something light, or ask him if he wants to talk about anything?

It does feel like a lot very soon, you're right.

I DEF don't want a relationship talk this soon. Normally I jump into bed with people right away but I'm taking this one slow for a reason--because I don't want it to be a ty rebound thing. If anything, he was texting a lot more, so I don't feel particularly clingy--but maybe I am being that way without realizing it.

Archived