How does this read?

CJ88

I was introduced by a mutual friend to a nice lady in November. This mutual friend thought we would get along together, and we have been hanging out since then. We usually hang out 1-2 times a week, or skip a week or two and come back, with texting in between. I enjoy her company and would like to know more. One night a month or so ago, I asked if we could be date exclusively, which she declined.

Her reasons were that she is very hesitant to enter a relationship, she isn't sure if she even wants one. This might have to do with her being married and divorced, once before--but I'm not certain because she hasn't said that. She says she is only now coming back into the dating world and isn't sold on monogamy.

I like her and I would like to try a hand at being an item, but being "an item" is not something she wants. I can tell she likes me, but is it enough to wait and see if she will want to come around and be with me? She says she is not actively seeking out other people to court, and that she likes me more than she thought. She has indicated that she might dally with others, but wants a home base to come back to.

what do you think of this, and what does it mean for me? Should I move on, because she isn't sure what she wants? It seems like she hasn't decided on several things, should I wait?

Agree, she's in divorce rebound mode and probably wants a lot of freedom to date, play the field etc. At best it may be fwb, but try not to tie her down to anything.

However don't be "the home base" because that is code for backup plan. Continue dating others and take advantage of this "freedom" situation she wants.

This might have to do with her being married and divorced, once before--but I'm not certain because she hasn't said that. She says she is only now coming back into the dating world and isn't sold on monogamy. She has indicated that she might dally with others, but wants a home base to come back to.

Archived