What does it mean when she says she is not ready for a relationship?

Asdf455

So I met this amazing girl last year. She is one of the funniest,prettiest,and nicest girl I ever met. We share quite a bit in common and such. We talked and started to get to know each other better. She started to give me hugs like 3 times a weeks and such, sometimes they came out of no where. Eventually homecoming came along and I chickened out about asking her to the dance but I still went anyway. Some how she didn't have a date so we both ended up being each others dance partners for the evening where she then asked me if I wanted to go with her and her friends for a bite to eat after the dance. So of course I said yes! A about a month or two passes and it is new years eve. We all get together to celebrate and we go out for a walk. Eventually it gets cold out and she grabs my hand and says she is trying to warm her hand up but it wasn't even that cold (her hand that is) and we hold hands for a while. I realize then and there that I really really love her. About a week passes and I try to ask her out twice but I chicken out both times. So I end up texting her about how I feel. She responds saying that She is not ready for a relationship but tells me that Im a very lovable guy and that she loves the time we have spent together but, says she has to focus on this year and her working on her future career. And says that she hopes this doesn't affect our friendship. I want to know is this a nice way of saying I just see you as a friend and want it to stay that way or if she REALLY is not ready but is considering me as an option for when the time comes. ( if so I can and will wait)

So I met this amazing girl last year. She is one of the funniest,prettiest,and nicest girl I ever met. We share quite a bit in common and such. We talked and started to get to know each other better. She started to give me hugs like 3 times a weeks and such, sometimes they came out of no where. Eventually homecoming came along and I chickened out about asking her to the dance but I still went anyway. Some how she didn't have a date so we both ended up being each others dance partners for the evening where she then asked me if I wanted to go with her and her friends for a bite to eat after the dance. So of course I said yes! A about a month or two passes and it is new years eve. We all get together to celebrate and we go out for a walk. Eventually it gets cold out and she grabs my hand and says she is trying to warm her hand up but it wasn't even that cold (her hand that is) and we hold hands for a while. I realize then and there that I really really love her. About a week passes and I try to ask her out twice but I chicken out both times. So I end up texting her about how I feel. She responds saying that She is not ready for a relationship but tells me that Im a very lovable guy and that she loves the time we have spent together but, says she has to focus on this year and her working on her future career. And says that she hopes this doesn't affect our friendship. I want to know Im not ready for a future relationship, is a way of saying I just see you as a friend and want it to stay that way or if she REALLY is not ready but is considering me as an option for when the time comes. ( if so I can and will wait)

She's not ready either means she's not interested or that she just doesn't want to commit to a person. It can mean she's likes you in whichever way but doesn't want to be your girlfriend.

Personally I've found that unless I had JUST come out of a long relationship that nothing would stop me being with someone I really fancied/or loved.

Back off and maybe she'll realise what she could loose. Not worth putting your heart on hold for someone who might never feel the same way.

Archived