Why don't guys express themselves

Vfay75

When did you break up?

Well he started showing signs of no communication around October and prolonged the break up until the end of November.. But it wasn't until I completely stopped communicating with him up to Jan that he decided to "explain" why we broke up . When that's all I was trying to get him to do during Oct-Nov.. So things could be fixed

If he broke up with you you should go no contact and block him so you can heal and move forward. Stop chasing any guy who breaks up, pushes you away, isn't interested,etc.

Try to get on some dating apps and involved in college life and start dating guys who are ready willing and able to spend time with you.

He probably moved on and has sex with other girls. He's just out of high school and just got a car, he's not going to stay glued to a phone and live like a monk. Please wake up and realize these "friends" are girls he's dating since you broke up.

He decided he wanted to break up because of my "nagging" was making him have low self esteem and stressing him.... when all I was asking for was time and communication since he had no problem spending time and communicating with his friends anytime he wasn't at work.
If he broke up with you you should go no contact and block him so you can heal and move forward. Stop chasing any guy who breaks up, pushes you away, isn't interested,etc.

Try to get on some dating apps and involved in college life and start dating guys who are ready willing and able to spend time with you.

He probably moved on and has sex with other girls. He's just out of high school and just got a car, he's not going to stay glued to a phone and live like a monk. Please wake up and realize these "friends" are girls he's dating since you broke up.

I know these friends that he claims to be with and they post videos and statuses with and about eachother daily on social media so there's no really a doubt abt them not being his actual Guy friends

My guy gets quiet and shuts down whenever dealing with an important or serious situation. So I already know that I have to be patient and wait for him to think and then react. Could be hours or days. It's always been this way, so I give him time. He'll express himself, just maybe not when you want,if he really cares about you. Maybe not in the way you want but his own way.

I just want an understanding as to why a guy will hold in all or majority of their emotions and feelings when it comes to their girlfriends... Not knowing that it could hurt the relationship in the end?

In reply to your original post, there are lots of reasons. Some guy just aren't good at starting a random emotional chat especially when it's particularly related to the relationship. Seems you kinda figured that in your case it was that there were things or something he wasn't happy about (not you specifically). Bringing up such things isn't always easy and tends to be avoided considering people in general also really have no interest in talking about personal concerns. What helps is instead of just asking directly if anything is wrong, experiment a bit with talking about your own personal matters possibly of a different situation (not complaining ones) as to kind of get the persons mind set in that mode to discuss it.

In response to your situation... as already mentioned, don't act like his gf anymore since it's pretty obvious he doesn't really have those kind of feelings. He prob was just having you around as a convenience in the gf aspect at that point and figured it was easier to just let it die out gradually rather talk to you about it. Even if talking about it ultimately helps, theres always the initial point to cross of being a bit afraid of seeing/hearing the girls reaction.

But the sex has stopped for almost 2 months now

He's likes having the security and comfort of technically having a girlfriend but don't actually want to put in any effort to maintain a relationship. So he'll put in minimal effort, just enough so that it doesn't die off.

As Katrina said, which I 100% agree, sounds like he just doesn't give a ****.

Also want to point out that please don't think this is the way "guys" are. Men who are interested in you and serious about you, will put in the effort, and will show you one way or another that they love you. Maybe not with constant words but they'll do nice things for you, be affectionate, be consistent, be present in the relationship.

I feel it will only complicate things even more plus if we're "friends" I feel that shouldn't even be a factor.. but he still visits even more than before we broke up and it feels like we're together just with no sex so I'm confused

Oh I didn't read this bit, so you already broke up. Well that answers it then. He's just not interested (anymore).

Why is it all on his terms? Where's your say in this? No need to feel confused, just go no contact and cut him off. No man who is genuinely into you would break up with you, something must have been not working.

Archived