Physical vs mental health

This is probably more of avent than asking for advice. I think I've upset my friends going on about this. I have no clue how to survive when I don't want to.

I'm on mirtazapine for my mental health, only anti depressant to help any. In August iwas due to have an operation to remove my t tube ear grommet, I had an ecg, which came back abnormal so operation was delayed so I could have aheart scan. Scan clear. I thought iwas back on for operation. Cone to find out I've been referred to adifferent hospital unrelated to the first, for another scan and ecg, again abnormal, get told to stop mirtazapine and go back on propranolol. I see gp and tell her iwas told to stop mirtazapine, she said ishould continue. Today two weeks before the rescheduled operation, u get aletter, the doc from the last hospital has requested a (third) opinion from athird hospital, asking if it should be insisted istop mirtazapine and if my op should be delayed yet again. I agreed to stop the mirtazapine.

I'm in agony, on anti biotics every month, sometimes more than one type each time. My ears been bleeding, I wake up crying in pain.

So here it is, I can't get better. I'm stuck with either agony with my ears which will just keep getting worse, or my mental health getting worse and worse and I'll either damage my heart so m much it gives out or I kill myself cause ican't take it.

Hey BW, I'm sorry to hear all this. Why do they want you to stop mirtazapine and why start propranolol? Do they want you to start a beta-blocker for your heart or is it for the anti-anxiety effects?

If you feel comfortable doing it, please PM me. I do know a little bit about cardiac issues. Feel better. =/

Hi, sorry to hear about your problem. I know that you wanted to vent and not really an advice,....but I'll try to help anyway. If I understand your situation correctly there are 3 issues:

1) depression- treated by Mirtazapine --------now without treatment and being depressive

2) ongoing infection in your middle ear- treated by ATB(s)--------painfull

3) newly discovered arrhytmia--------currently under investigation

1) Mirtazapine can effect the heart conduction system, but generally speaking you can take it if followed by doctors regulary. The problem is that this is in the competence of cardiologist (your GP should let them do their job or consult them). I guess they want you completely without any potential arrhythmia causing medication to see what is the "normal" state of your heart. Mirtazapine should be stopped gradually not at once, otherwise there can be some side effects that could worsen your pain, anxiety....

2) Is combination of ATBs for few months needed?!?!? that is weird. Normally they should treat you according to a bacterial cultivation from your ear secretions. I am surprised that you are not using any painkillers (or some local anaesthetics into your ear).

3) This should be properly examined as they want. Plus the anaesthesists could be against giving a general anaesthesia to guy with "some" arrhytmia. And without that there will be no operation and without operation there will be still that pain.

So,.....let them examine that arrhytmia even without Mirtazapine, and try to suppress the pain with some painkillers. Pain is a huge depression inducer. Keep us updated. Stay strong, you are not alone! ;-)

Itake painkillers but they don't stop the pain. Frustrated that after being told icould have the op the same cardiologist has decided to ask further advice and suggest I shouldn't have the op. I can't live with this pain, and ican't treat my mental health. I have no idea how to survive with all this. Getting so ill at the moment, cold sore spread all over the lower left of my face, agony with my ears, sleeping way too much and having nightmares constantly. Feel so utterly broken.

I take painkillers but they don't stop the pain.

- that is the worst problem of yours. Ask your GP or even ORL doctors. If you descirbe that pain, i can't imagine that they wouldn't help you. In these cases, a usage of combination oral painkiller + local painkiller (analgesic ear drops) would be really beneficial. Pain should be treated!!!!

Frustrated that after being told icould have the op the same cardiologist has decided to ask further advice and suggest I shouldn't have the op.

- I understand that frustration but this is only for your good, remember that. He wants to be absolutely sure.

cold sore spread all over the lower left of my face,

- definitely with help of the stress you are under. One more reason to do the sth with the pain.

Archived