My ex gf broke up with me about 5 months ago. Our 5 year relationship was filled with fun and love but also had a lot of fighting and trust issues due to my actions and she finally had enough one day. She tried really hard for so long, but I was just too ignorant to even care. In my mind I didn't want her anymore, but I was so wrong. In those 5 months I've greatly improved myself, financially, physically and mentally. I truly believe I'm not the same person.

When we broke up I told her I can't be friends with her. She didn't take it well. About every month not talking to her should would text me and ask how I was doing. She would text saying she cared and loved me etc. Every time I would see her family or friends out they would tell me shes coming around, she misses you, you guys have a strong chance of getting back together etc.

About 3 weeks ago she texted me asking how I was doing and that she wanted to talk and see how everything was going and that she wanted to talk to me about her life because I know her best. I agreed and we got a drink and talked for a little. Apparently shes not doing good with school, money, life etc. So I agreed to stay in contact with her and try to be "friends" (I didn't ask about us getting back together).

I was doing good, but now I just don't know. I love her so much, I want her back. I would treat her right this time and we could be great. I don't know how to ask/go about this. I don't know where her heads at but I have a feeling shes not thinking of getting back together. When the times right, should I just tell her how I feel and explain why we would be better this time and just ask if she would consider dating again to see how she would feel about us and to see how I've changed?

Archived