What is he thinking?

Justash

Me and my ex dated for a year, he broke it off 2 weeks ago. We have barely spoke since as I wanted to try NC but had a long conversation Sunday. He said he's confused about what he wants and needs a lot of time to think. He said I'm the best thing that's ever happened to him but he also thinks I'm the right girl, wrong timing. He said he's hurt the thing that meant the most to him and that makes him upset.

I told him he contradicts himself by saying those things and he also makes me confused saying things like that. I love him a lot and I guess that's why I've stuck by him (he has broke up with me twice in the past but after 48 hours max we were back on) I didn't try and beg when he ended it and I don't like making excuses for him but he is so afraid of commitment.

He said he doesn't know why I'm sticking around and that makes him think but we will speak on the weekend and he thinks we should keep our distance rather than text a lot (like we did when we were together) but also keep in contact whilst we both do some thinking. He wants to speak to his dad and nan for their advice.

Anyone ever been in this situation? What did you do and what was the outcome? I really want to text him and say I want all or nothing but I also have to respect he needs time.

Repeatedly taking someone back after break-ups sets up a precedent for it. Why is he breaking up this time? Is it a recurrent unresolved theme? Or does he just meander in and out of the relationship when he feels like it?

Interestingly he keeps using the "it's me, not you" excuse and letting you down softly ...giving you hope.

He said he's confused about what he wants and needs a lot of time to think.

I love him a lot and I guess that's why I've stuck by him (he has broke up with me twice in the past but after 48 hours max we were back on) I didn't try and beg when he ended it and I don't like making excuses for him but he is so afraid of commitment.

He said he doesn't know why I'm sticking around

Archived