NC? Thought Process From Dumper

el3112

Oh that's a different situation than I expected... I don't think abusers should get a second chance. I think they are capable of change, and I think they deserve a chance at love, but that chance shouldn't be with somebody they already abused... Just my opinion though.

Yes you are right. That's my exact sentiment. He is beginning a new relationship and was asking me for advice and I'm just like ?????!! I don't mind but it's odd when your abuser asks you advice for the new lady. He's also mentioned he's not completely over me and that he loves me too deeply that he isn't sure anyone else will ever fill that space. I on the other hand feel the opposite and feel repulsed by him but that's a different story.

I kind of gave him some advice but kept it strictly just that. He is aware we will never be together again.

But I agree, abusers can change and deserve love when they are ready. I just hope he doesn't do to her what he did to me. It's been a bit over 2 years and I'm still traumatized by his abuse. I've only recently started therapy for it too.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol i just logged back on, and reading all these posts is quite amusing now. thanks everyone for your constructive advice and to those who assumed he wouldnt be back im a good woman and i knew he would realise in return i have ended up going through this a even better woman than before , but i went 3 days NC and he come running back begging for me back, we are back together and alot happier

Lol i just logged back on, and reading all these posts is quite amusing now. thanks everyone for your constructive advice and to those who assumed he wouldnt be back im a good woman and i knew he would realise in return i have ended up going through this a even better woman than before , but i went 3 days NC and he come running back begging for me back, we are back together and alot happier

And seriously: What is the point of him "coming running back" if nothing has changed. Once the new relationship energy of your reunion fades and the rose coloured glasses come off, you will be right back where you started only this time you'll be even ore shredded having had to go through it all over again.

I'm sorry this is happening to you, actually.

And seriously: What is the point of him "coming running back" if nothing has changed. Once the new relationship energy of your reunion fades and the rose coloured glasses come off, you will be right back where you started only this time you'll be even ore shredded having had to go through it all over again.

I'm sorry this is happening to you, actually.

Lol and im really going to listen to your advice when you was somebody who assumed he was done with me, you sound very bitter! I cant believe I came on this forum for advice, my biggest advice I can give is do not come here looking for people to give you hope, come off this, work on yourself, & if your meant to be and the love is strong enough you will find a way to get be back together. & for your information a lot has changed within the relationship, we now appreciate one another more before, communicate a lot better and know where we went wrong previously

Hello, yeah he did initiate contact first, throughout the break up he was always contacting me confiding in me as a friend once i said to him i can not be friends with him and we need time and space apart so he can either move on, once he heard that he freaked out, agreed he would give us space, 3 days later he contacted to meet up and then said how much he has missed me, loved me, realised i am the only woman for him we have alot of history within the last 6 years and we both wasnt happy before we broke up due to lack of communication, so we did manage to speak where we went wrong so started back up on a clean slate - all so very exciting!

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

I know this is a very old thread... just wanted to say...

All the break-up advice forums (this one included unfortunately), are full of people who are either bitter or "overly-realistic". All they usually say to those crying out for help is "tough luck, just live with it and f*** it". And while I appreciate the chances of reconciliation are slim at best, hope is a very strong driving force, regardless of what anybody says. If hope can make one become their best and strongest then so be it. Once they reach that level, they will be in a much better condition to take the blow if the original hope goes unfulfilled. Just my 2 cents' worth.

And thankfully, the good can still happen as can be seen on el3112's example. Somehow, fortune does favour those who are prepared and don't run at the first sight of failure.

Archived