Possible Pregency

mcfd1748

Home pregnancy test sometimes give false positives and false negatives. Most pregnancy exams aren't valid until a certain amount of time after conception. Sometimes, when I'm stressed out, my period is late. Or, if I am sick with a cold or flu, my period gets thrown off too. Medications can also do it. Don't freak out just yet. She may consider going to a doctor to take a pregnancy exam.

I hope things turn out as you hope they do! Good luck.

this is one of those times when, despite the stress levels rising by the minute, you are forced to be patient.

It is not unknown for some women to skip a period entirely.

It would be a good idea, though, to start thinking about what you both want to do if she is pregnant.

Well I think I can give you some words of advice since I've had babies. The fact that she is testing negative right now could be of several reasons. You say she's on the pill and has missed her period by 2 weeks. Did she completely miss it or did she have light spotting? Stress and being on the pill can have an affect on periods aside from pregnancy. Also, doctors recommend that a woman come in for a test 10 days after the expected date of the period because the test will not show up positive. But its been more than 10 days and she is testing negative.

I suggest that she make an appointment with a doctor to get tested. There may be other reasons why she may not have a period such as stress or the pill or whatever. To me, if she's tested twice and they still end up negative, I dont think she's pregnant but something else may be wrong so she should definitely see a doctor.

Oh, almost forgot, a negative test with no period may also indicate an ectopic pregnancy where the egg has planted itself in the tubes rather than in the womb and that is bad.