Truths came out after 4 years......

I finally found out the whole truth last night. I hate to say this Online Dating doesn't work. If it does work, then it was meant to be.....

I am talking to this guy name Mike for the past almost 4 years now. 4 years is very long time. We would say I love you and everything. Call each baby and hun all that good stuff. He knew what I look like. But that was like 2 years ago was the last time he seen pic. He said he cared for me long. We stopped talking when he found out I had bf. Then my bf and I broke up. Then out of the blue he got online we starting to chat and again exchange numbers and addresses. I send him pics of me as well he claims he send pics to me too. But I never recived pics I try calling/text messages him but nothing. He never called me V-day. We are talking about guy who really cares for me tells me I love you. I was really hurt. But I thought this was the best time he could really show he cared. I forgot about it. Then I never heard from him for like 2 weeks then all at once he text message me saying baby i am sorry i lost my phone had to wait for other one to be send to me. Last night he finally told me in text message after like 2 days i was asking him if he got my pics and does he feel the same. well he said i dont think so. First, I do respect his choice. But he knew what i look like and looks shouldnt matter. i was like well can we still be friends he said yes he does now i am like thinking to my self do i want to be friends with some1 like that? i dont know i am very upset about the whole thing. i just in some venting bc it really does hurt. I do care alot for him. what can i do? He does live in NJ and I live in PA???? We were planning on meeting each other now i am like i dont think so

You were telling this guy you loved him and "all the good stuff" but all the time you have a boyfriend.... no wonder he dont want you... Not many people will be made a mug of like this, he finds out you have a boyfriend, you break up with boyfriend and expect this guy to be with you... heh... i cant blame him, you need to move on and find someone else i think and leave this guy alone.

Online dating can work - AS LONG AS YOU MEET THEM. And I would say way before four years is up. I met my current boyfriend within a week (live in same city) and we are now living together. It is going fantastically. But, I fell for HIM as a person, not what was online.

Online relationships without a plan that you are both working towards to be together do NOT work. I think if you have not met over 4 years there was low-interest on someones part, or something fishy going on.

You have been talking for four years with a guy that you have no idea what he looks like, if he is who he says he is, his mannerisms, his REAL LIFE PERSONA. This relationship started off on a bad foot - you were dishonest about bf (I am assuming) and were telling him you loved him, you never met, pictures were not exchanged (at least not both ways). You are young I am assuming, chalk it up to a lesson learned, and meet people closer to home and that you can meet as well.

I think you should just cut ties and move on. I know you are hurt, but this was never true love. You cannot fall in love with a person you have never met. I know people develop feelings online, but it is still a fantasy - because you really have NO idea what they are TRULY like. It is in my opinion not love, when you only know each other online. Love is about more than good feelings and kind words. You can be friends if you choose to be, but let the relationship part go - you can't force someone to feel differently, especially not after so long. Maybe he enjoyed having someone liking him or whom was "safe", but you still don't really know him, or his intentions or if he is who he says he is....but his actions and word are saying there is no interest. It hurts, but I say just leave it be.

Thanks for the good true words. You are so right. I mean even tho he knew what i look like and we talk on the phone doesnt mean nothing. I fallen in love with guy i know online not the person he really am in real life.

And for the person who said i had bf while i was talking to him. We were friends and nothing more i told him when i got bf and he was ok with it. We break up and i told him we were done. I am not player i am with one guy and only one guy THANK YOU FOR MUCH

Thanks for the good true words. You are so right. I mean even tho he knew what i look like and we talk on the phone doesnt mean nothing. I fallen in love with guy i know online not the person he really am in real life.

And for the person who said i had bf while i was talking to him. We were friends and nothing more i told him when i got bf and he was ok with it. We break up and i told him we were done. I am not player i am with one guy and only one guy THANK YOU FOR MUCH

Good luck, there is someone out there who will give you a "real life relationship"

RayKay, Thanks for your help. I meant to say yes sometimes it can work tho but most cases they don't I am happy yours has worked out. I hope u are right about finding some1 really soon. I want to be with some1. I dont want to be pushy bc that's when it doesnt work or i get the players ones. I need to go have so fun.....

This is all crap, online dating is made for old people I mean most of those commercials on TV are made for those 40 year old to 80 year old people. Young people shouldn't use it because you could technically cheat and almost never find out if the person is always "there". Just tell this guy your breaking up with him and that you never should of "cyber-dated" or whatever they call it. Sounds really nerdy lol. Anyway, it's probably going to hurt since you've talked to this guy for 4 years and he's lied and said all this BS. Just tell him how it is, like tell him like "I know you've been cheating and I think we should split" and then he'll suck it in and say something like "I never loved you" and then he'll come back for more lol. It's like a soap opera. But yeah, this guy's a jerk, wish the best for his loser-self.