a cold. . . in my eyes???

okay, so i caught a cold from my friends... goood ol' coughing, sneezing, running nose, sore throat.. ya know... then the other day i was going to put my contacts in and noticed like stuff that looked kinda like that "eye sleep" in the corner of your eyes when you wake up in the morning, ya know? except it was way more yellow, gooy looking than normal "eye sleep" (gross!) and a lot of it!! and it wasnt like i had just woken up or anything...

sooo, i thought..maybe pink eye? but my eyes hadnt iched at all and were not that red... well they got redder and iched a little but not a lot at all... and they hurt. really bad esp when i moved them around and that gross stuff just kept comin out of them...... so i didnt know what was goin on...

i went to sleep and had to keep wipin my eyes to they woudlnt dry shut or anything... and then by the next afternoon my eyes were fine.

im still sick from that cold and had been this whole time and my mom mentioned it coudl have been a cold in my eye? i took a long time to get to the point and im sorry for that, haha... i just thought more details woudl be better.... anyways... is there such a thing as a COLD IN MY EYES?? bc that sounds way weird to be... if so, explain if anyone can and if not... expliain what the heck it was if anyone knows!

thank you so much for the help! take care everyone...

yeah.. i was all stuffed up and stuff.. and i thought about that being it too.. and i guess that makes the most sense, but i still just dont get why it came out my frikin eyes? ahha.. i mean, why not stay in my nose or throat ya know? and i have had colds like this before and even worse but ive never had that happen to my eyes... ahha

hmmmmm.. see still kinda confused?

and still grossed out at it all... haha...

thank you for your input! anyone else??

Well, as much as we'd all love to help, I don't think you should take your diagnosis about gross crap in your eyes from a website of any kind lol!!

I don't mean to put the other posters down, but when your talking eyes, you really should see a doctor. There are too many gross viruses and stuff going around to geuss, and hope nothing bad happens.

Go see a doctor in the morning.

Night

Jimbo

hah thanks jimbo.. and you are right but also, ya never know and there could be doctors of some sort that have a btter idea than i do... i just wanted some other thoughts. . .

and like i said my eyes are all better now making that whole one day "cold in my eyes" ever more strange. . .

think i shoudl still go and see a doctor? huhuh....

I actually had really really red eyes when I had a bad cold last fall. So, I've heard of this before. It went alone by itself after a few days. I did go to a doctor, she just said that it was a cold virus.

But, I agree with Jimbo - you need your eyes. When it comes to them, go to the doctor. And obviously, don't wear your contacts until this clears up.

Whenever your eyes get red (especially when there's "gunk") TAKE OUT YOUR CONTACTS! I;ve had every kind of eye desease (ok, not all, but alot) there is & I have almost lost my vision due to it. Yes, I wear contacts, but you have to remember they are essentially a foreign object in your eyes. After a day if your eyes are still red, I would go to your eye doctor.

hey i just wanted to thank everyone for their responces!

and dont worry... i noticed that stuff in my eyes and all as i was about to put in my contacts. . . i didnt after i saw it. AND it has cleared up and is fine now, but im going to call my doctor in a min and tell him about it to see if i do need to come in anyways.

thank you all for the help!