How long do guys wait after getting a phone number to call?

lilred

The more time that passes beyond one week, the less likely he is to call you. This does not mean he won't though. Just a few weeks ago, I met a female while out and got her number. I waited over 2 weeks, but that was because it wasn't a priority in my life. She was cool, we had a good conversation and went out.

The bottom line: I wouldn't count on him calling if he doesn't call within 3 weeks.

I would go with the others and say as time goes on the less likely he will call. Usually when I get someone's number that I liked I call the next day or the day after. Definitely I would not let it go for more than a week.

Some of my friends tell me to never call back someone you got their number from on the next day - the same after you go out on a date, etc. The story is that if you do call back the next day you come off as somewhat desperate, etc. Personally I think that is not true and it seems more like game playing to me. If you like someone and you get their number just call them.

And if you do have this guy's number you can call him - its just a phone call and who knows what may happen....

Well I have been given numbers by girls twice... once i texted th enext day, the other she texted me after about an hour... 8) I would give him a complete maximum of three weeks.

Three weeks is way too long without a legit reason (Family problem, health problem, etc...). But in any case, even if things like that happens, if the person is interested, you will be inform about it. And to answer the original poster, next.

In the business of relationships, you wait for a phone call as long as a store would hold merchandise for you, which is generally three days unless a more specific time frame has been specified. You are basically holding out for him those few days, then after that, he is considered a "no call, no show" and the goods are put back on the shelf, meaning you are on the market and he missed out. If a guy waits more than a week he is: 1.) not that interested, 2.) in need of a good excuse, or 3.) lame.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lilred,

In most cases, a guy who is interested would have called within one week.

Now, there is are small chance that he lost your number for instance or that something got on the way or that his mind was busy with something else.

If he does not respond within a week, you can give it one more try, simply to double check.

If you have his number or email, you can contact him and say something like: "I am about to go downtown... Want to meet me there for a drink?"

Don't mention the fact that he did not call. Don't demand, question or look offended.

Simply give him another honest chance.

Sometimes, a guy won't call becasue he is shy or does not have the guts.

Remember, guys hate rejection.

Sometimes, they prefer simply not taking the risk rather than looking like a fool.

Give him another honest open light chance.

This will clear your questions and make sure you don't miss a chance because of a misunderstanding.

Good luck and enjoy!

vitalcoach