Suggestions on how to start no contact / how to stay strong - help me

It sucks right now for you I'm sure.

But I'm sure your ex knows how you feel about her and any relationship talk or pleading will just drive her further away. If she wants you she knows where to find you.

You can't do anything more to get her back, but there are a ton of things you can do to drive her farther away. All unwanted contact right now, and let's face it that's everything, won't be received well.

So go NC and heal. And if one day in the future and that's a big if, she contacts you, see how you feel about it then. You might very well have a different attitude about it by then.

Thank you

I am going to go NC. Last thing I messaged her (last night) was I wanted to talk to her again sometime. I suppose if she wanted to talk, and has the urge to she will. There is no point in begging and looking patetic.

If I even think about replying I will seek advise here first.

Was it a good move to block her on facebook too? I did that last night and feel a little guilty about it.

Hey, sorry to hear about your situation. I'm in a similar boat to you (see my thread - have I made the right choice) long and short we formed a friendship but I wanted more and she was in total control of our situation and more importantly more in control of my feelings.

You've made the right choice as far as I'm concerned regarding deleting her facebook etc I have also done that. I didn't block her number but instead deleted it to avoid any slip ups.

But don't beat yourself up about feeling down at work. Your human allow yourself time to grieve, take each day at a time and set yourself a goal and say to yourself. 'I won't speak to her today' and gradually build it up to 'I won't speak to her this week'

They both know where we are and if the relationship is worth it in their eyes they will fight for it, and if not, you have to ask yourself do you really want to be in a one sided relationship?

This is not day 2 after I told her I didn't want us to be in contact, yes I feel down but at the same time a little happier that I'm taking control of my feelings and won't let her dictate them by mind games.

Take each day at a time and have a rant on here to get it off your chest.

Archived