Well Valentine's Day is tomorrow and like everyone I know, I too want to make it a memorable one. I have been single for a solid 6 months and I feel like I am ready for another committment. There is this girl in one of my classes at school. I am not exactly close friends with her, but we both ran track last year and I really like her. I have a plan of asking her and everything, but I need advice on something else. Anyway, I woke up on this sunny Sunday morning and felt entergized and overflowed with inspiration. I spent two hours listening to music, jumping around my house, and writing poems. I just finished a poem about the girl I like that I think effectively conveys my emotions while also containing a romantic tone to get her attention, seeing as how she does not know that much about me. My first question is, "What words should I put in the parenthesis at the end of my poem, which will also serve as the title of the poem. This is the poem:

Utterly astounded by your presense,

Unconsciously surrendering as you seduce my senses,

Staring into your beautiful eyes that are ceaselessly sparkling,

I am shown heaven's reflection.

Filling my mind with incredible aspirations

Intertwined within a bundle of desires and wishes,

Hopelessly blinded by the powerful white light

Emanating from your angelic smiles.

Lost in the surreal image of your glowing hair

As it softly rests upon your forehead,

Your endless blonde streaks flow

Like the river of emotion that flows around my heart.

All my prior thoughts and actions

Leading me along this unknown path to you,

Mesmerized by your movement,

Captivated by the lovely song of your voice.

Searching for an answer among the peaceful winds of chance,

Unsure of your true nature that I attempt to uncover

Yet undoubtedly certain of the decision I have made

To pursue my longing for such an invaluable treasure.

Memories of you eternally imprinted

Within the confines of my imagination,

Beneath the covers of my bed on a most magical night

I hear the whispering words, " "

That being said, I also would like to know if giving her this poem right away would overwhelm her. Should I wait to see if we form a meaningful relationship or should I just let her know of my feelings that are hard to express in person? Thanks for reading!

Inside Info: We are both 18yr old highschool seniors.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey lol. Another late response. I completely forgot about this site, so I was going back and reading my post from like 3 years ago lol.

I had it sent up to her classroom during the day with a teddy and candy. Yeaaaaa turned out she had a bf that already graduated. The rest of the year was awkward between us to say the least.

Thanks for the post!