Would of been 2 years today..

Why are you even thinking about him still......you are on a slippery slope and on the edge.

Get his thoughts away from your mind when they appear. Don't think about anniversary or what it could've been. It's over now, it's done, no sense of dwelling on it.

It's not really good for you to keep focusing on dates and what could have been, would have been and should have been.

This focusing on dates sets you back each time. Get your mind off dates and such and try to find something else to do.

Today is no harder than any other day. I don't get the obsessing about specific dates....

It is perfectly normal for specific dates such as anniversaries, birthdays, holidays, etc. to be particularly difficult so don't beat yourself up. I think it is always hard for others to fully understand the pain someone else is going through without knowing the full background and depth of the relationship but everybody heals at their own pace so IMO you just have to embrace the pain and work through it. I know that it would be best if you could just simply stop thinking or obsessing about your ex but there is a well known psychological theory called the "white elephant" of "white bear" effect which implies the more that you try and suppress certain thoughts, the more likely they are to surface. I feel your pain though as I am still working through the one year anniversary of my break up...

You've made it 2 years, congratulations! These days are going to come up from time to time, try not to dwell on it. Don't hold onto the future that you thought you were going to have, because there is a lot more potential in your REAL future to be one that you can be happy with. Make it through today, and tomorrow will be a little better.

Keep letting go, sorry today is a downer for ya.

Thankyou, I meant today we would of been together for two years we had a weekend away booked and paid for so was quite difficult knowing I wasn't there! First few posts made me feel a little foolish but thought it was better for me to post here that I felt sad rather than text him.. I've nearly made it though the day anyway feeling a little more positive now

Thankyou, I meant today we would of been together for two years we had a weekend away booked and paid for so was quite difficult knowing I wasn't there! First few posts made me feel a little foolish but thought it was better for me to post here that I felt sad rather than text him..

Definitely better to post here than text. Posters above may be harsher - but that doesn't mean they are right. Keep trying to close this chapter in your life, because you have other chapters to experience, and it can be hard to find out if you don't turn the page. I'm coming up on my "would have been 4 years" in a couple weeks and pretty far from where I want to be

I've nearly made it though the day anyway feeling a little more positive now

That's the spirit!

Archived