I've made it 30+ days without contacting my ex. I have no intentions of ever trying to communicate with him again. I'm just having a hard time forgiving myself, I guess. Or getting over my behavior after the breakup. Technically my ex never broke up with me, just started ignoring my texts. So I texted him too much. I became needy and pathetic. Luckily I have wonderful friends who put up with me. Except the friend that set us up. She won't hardly speak to me anymore. (I wasn't the reason for the breakup) I feel like I fell in love too quickly and the aftermath makes me feel foolish. Today has just been a rough day and I'd rather post it on here than do anything else foolish!

hello there! good for you for making it 30 days! I had a guy who basically ghosted me after several months of what had become a serious relationship. we had met each other's families and everything. and then, one day, crickets. I wrote about it on here several years ago. and I have to say, I didn't handle it so well, either. but, I finally held my head up, stopped contacting him, and eventually totally got over him. so here is the other part of the story (I've written this a few times on here now): about three years ago, (after about two years of no contact from me), he looked me up and wanted a chance to set things right. I was over him, but I was single at that time, and it was summer and I figured "what the heck... why not? i'm bored". so we dated again for a couple of months, and I realized that truly was so over him that I could not even compel myself to date him further... so, I broke things off with him. to this day he will still occasionally contact me, asking if I would reconsider, because he feels deep down that we are truly a good match. *sigh*. no, i'm just not interested.

so,, my wish for you is this: may you be over him one day, so much so that, if he comes to you and asks for another chance, you have zero interest in doing that!

if he ghosted you, and it sounds like he may have, his behavior is nothing for him to be proud of, either!

Archived