Transitioning emotions

turnbaktime

Ok. I'm having one of those days...it started last nite. Im at the final stage in my break up of accepting that things are really over. Lately been doing a lot of serious soul searching. I haven't felt the sadness with tears in awhile. I had gotten use to me and my ex coming back together after awhile but this time I really don't see any hope. One time we separated for a year and I still held out hope but this time there is something totally different about it. There is someone who wants to see me and I'm torn because just the thought of someone else in my life makes me sad. It's weird these emotions because one day or some days you feel like you are so strong and then there are days like today....I hate these emotional rollercoaster days. I would love when that day comes and I don't care about him anymore. I know these are the final days and I have to experience this to move on. I think about everything like does he fight the urges to call me as I do. I sometimes think about it was my fault for letting him go but then I remind myself of why I did and I tell myself that I have no right to miss my ex when I let go first and he has every right to not want me back. Me and my emotional rollercoaster days...sigh!!

I'm sorry that you're going through this, but it can only help to share. Whoever the new person is, get to know them slowly. It's OK to miss your ex, but allowing yourself baby steps will reduce the highs and lows of the rollercoaster.

Thanks. That's how I've been handling things with the new person very slowly. He feels that 8 months is long enough to be over someone or at least to accept that things are over. I disagree about that being enough time. He thinks thinks that I'm too nice and beautiful to be sad about someone...if only it was that easy. Thanks for your reply.

Archived