i lost ny brother.. havent seen him for 7 yrs.

ok i wasnt to sure about where to put this so i out it here.

ok i'm going to get straight to the point here. the last time i ever saw my older brothe was when i was 8 and it was at my sisters wedding.well i'm 15 now and i havent seen him for 7 years. i tried to get my sister and dad to find him for me but my sister is just about as influenced about finding him as a bug would be at trying to find a spider. and i think my dad really doesnt care.i miss him a lot and i miss have a brother around so if anyone has a website i can go to to find him of anything that can put me on the right track to finding him i would be very greatful for it. and please dont just read this and say its no big deal because it is to me and i would really really love to hear from him again. thanx for your help

Yeah I would have thought it was a huge deal....losing your brother. Tell us a bit more about how he goty "lost"? Did he run away? Does he want to be found?

If he kept his name I would not have thought it would be to hard to find him, does he have a common name? (don't post it here). You could try googling him as DN suggests although the vast majority of people don't come up when you google their name.

What about speaking to his old friends or acquaintances, surely he must have kept in touch with someone. Play detective and call around the people he knew. It may be a start.

If he doesn't want to be found I think it will be hard to track him down.

That sounds very strange! He got sick at your sis's wedding, decided to go home and was never seen again? How old was he then? Were the police contacted?

What about the friends who went home with him from the wedding, have you ever been able to speak to them?

I imagine there was a family fight to cause all this to happen. If you were only 8 at the time you may not have been told the whole story so proceed with caution, he could be bad news; drugs, alcohol, crime etc. It is equally possible none of that applies but just be careful.

You could try saying to your sister and/or father (separately) that you want to find him but promise not to involve them if they don't want to know him.

Good luck.

Ok. So it is likely he just took off somewhere himself. Left his past behind. I guess you have to assume he has kept the same name unless you know that he was hiding from the law or something.

Did he leave any personal stuff behind that may give you clues?

I am not in the US so i do not know the names of the missing persons agencies there but perhaps you could find such a place and post his name as missing and see what comes of that?

Maybe sit down with your Dad and explain how important it is to you that you find him and get him to help you. What about your mum? Is she around to be able to ask?