How long before the L-word?

Ive been with my bf about two months. hes not like anyone ive ever met and he is the most compatible person of the opposite sex that i have ever been around.

My question is this: for two people who just made their relationship "official" two months ago, is now a good time to tell him I love him? how long into your relationship did you drop the L-word? ( btw, i was going to tell him on valentines day)

throughout my "dating" career I had one golden rule. To wait at LEAST 3 months. In those 3 months it's the honeymoon period, you are all starry eyed, and the new bf can do nothing wrong. He's perfect.

If you still feel the same way AFTER 3 months, and you can see he's not about to pack his bags and leave, then tell him. Just make sure you are not telling him, becouse you want to hear him say the same to you. If you love him, tell him, and if he loves you, he can tell you. If not, it's ok.

Love is about taking risks. But to my mind 3 months is a good waiting period.

It varies from person to person. I once told a guy after only a few days!

Most people I've never told that to. But it really depends on how you feel.

I personally believe that if you love someone, you should tell them.

But if you are concerned about a certain reaction, then maybe before VT's day, you could say something smaller and see his reaction(I.e. You like spending time w/him, he's your favorite person to be around, you care about him very deeply, he means a lot to you, etc) You can decide what to do based on his reaction to that. Good luck!

Whenever you love him, simply tell him.

If you do now, then go tell him.

If you don't, then don't stress about it.

But if you do tell him you love him, and he doesn't say it back, just give it time. Don't be hurt. Like Sonjam said, it's about taking risks.

I don't think you should put a time frame on it, just whenever you feel it, let him know.

under*

The word "love" is so general that its dangerous without explaining your exact feelings. That's my own advice about this. Do it when it feels right and when it seems like the right time to tell him. At least you might be able to find out his true feelings about you when you say you love him. You don't want to be with this guy for so long only to find out he doesn't love you too.

• 2 weeks later...

Been dating this guy for about 9 months. I have told him that I loved him.. and he just says "thank you". We have spoken about this and all he can tell me is when he is ready, he will say it.. but as the time goes by.. my doubt grows.. that maybe he wont ever say it. We communicate by phone everyday.. and see eachother on the weekends.. I could tell him everyday, how much I love him. I just wished I knew if he will ever tell me..

Confused..

R.