First date with someone new since ex ended it 5ish months ago...

So I'm here to tell you that surprisingly there do appear to be men out there who are seemingly better than your ex!!

Okay so first things first, this was just a first date, and I'm not going to lie, it wasn't easy, I was a bag of nerves (to put it lightly!!) before hand, BUT it went really well, the guy is GORGEOUS, inside and out.... and the funny thing is, I 'disregarded' him last year when we met at a party because of where he lived - pathetic I know.

I felt it was time to 'get back out there' so got in touch with him and we set a date up. It went well and he asked to see me again so we'll see - The great thing about last night, is quite apart from meeting him, IF it doesn't progress in to anything, it's shown me that there are other GREAT guys out there (okay I've only met him properly once but still!!) plus it made me realise whilst with this guy the 'flaws' I hadn't seen in my ex. Basically this guy is someone I feel like my ex WANTED to be and TRIED to project but it wasn't him. The other thing I feel is that he asked me for a drink JUST before I met my now ex... however this guy was relatively new out of a relationship, so it sort of feels like perhaps back then the time would have been wrong, perhaps the time is now right?? We wait to see

Wait until you're ready, or not even 'not quite ready but...' as yes it may knock you but it could be the ticket to realising there is still life after the ex. YES I still miss the ex, and yes I'm sad, but all I know is that IF this does progress into something, well I think its a good egg, and I certainly realise that I deserve better. Not that my ex treated me at all badly during the relationship, I just mean if someone is prepared to break up with you for doubts they're not prepared to go in to well that's not something I feel is acceptable and I AM worth more than that!!

The end.

Archived