Difficult situation

freethinker

Hi,

I really need some advice. I am friends with a guy and we both have feelings for each other but he is moving away in a few months for a new job. There is no future for us because of this move, but we seem to be drawn to each other and find it hard not to communicate with each other. Right now, most of our communication is by text, but we do see each other occasionally. When we do see each other, it is like we can not keep our hands off each other. We have a very strong attraction to each other and a strong connection. However, it is like he is really trying not to get emotionally close to me. We have already told each other that we have feelings for each other. He says that he is worried about me being hurt, but I kinda just want to go with it for the time we have left. But I notice that he tries to keep his distance, although he will text me several times a day. He wants to spend time together but not too much. So, my question is, what should I do about this situation? Should I continue to pursue it and live in the moment or just drop it and walk away? We already went through a period where I stopped talking to him because I knew he did not want a relationship because he was leaving. However, he would contact me every now and then and I could not help but reach out to him also. I really love this man and know that we do not have a future, but I really want to just experience the limited time we have left. What should I do?? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

So what's different now? You left him before b/c he didn't want what you wanted but he kept pestering you and gave in?

He's just filling his time before he leaves. If there's no reason you would move to be with him then this is already over. Don't risk getting more attached. Let this one go.

Thanks for the reply. I agree. I guess it is hard to see when you love someone.

So what's different now? You left him before b/c he didn't want what you wanted but he kept pestering you and gave in?

He's just filling his time before he leaves. If there's no reason you would move to be with him then this is already over. Don't risk getting more attached. Let this one go.

My heart says to this but I am on a battle between my heart and mind right now.

I think you should just go for it. If you feel a connection and are drawn to each other, I think you should keep exploring it. Come what may. If you don't, you'll regret it and wonder "What if?"

Archived