When should I ask her out?

guster1

Hey, I really like this girl who I'm in a group with in one of my classes at uni for making a presentation, and I've been talking to for about a month. Two of my friends (both of whom are girls) think that she likes me as well, judging from what I've told/showed them about our conversations both in person and via text.

She always asks me questions back after I ask her things, she uses smiley faces a lot, and we've flirted a little bit, for example, I saw her in the campus shop the other day after running into her a few times over the previous few days, and I messaged her saying I think she might be stalking me, and she replied saying "or it could be the other way around?". Also, I messaged her the other day about something that had just happened in the campus bar, and it turned out she was there as well, and she asked where I was, and then that she could see me.

I have two choices: ask her out this Friday, one day before Valentine's day and two before I go home for five days, and before we do our presentation, which is significant in case she says no, which would make things awkward when we meet up to do work on it and present it.

Or, wait another two weeks (which I really don't want to do, haha) and ask her out after our presentation is out of the way. I'm afraid of missing my chance if I leave it too long.

What should I do? Thanks!

I'd ask her out as soon as possible. Who knows what can happen in the span of those two weeks- she could get swept off her feet by someone else, you know?

Don't be disappointed if she already has Valentine's Day plans, though. If so, see if she is available sometime after.

Depends if you're the type who can simply brush aside rejection. Personally, I'd want to ask her out ASAP. You never know who my swoop in, and you don't know if the initial high of feelings either way may dwindle during that time. If you think you can handle rejection and go on without acting like you've been rejected around her, do it now.

If you're not that type or feel it would be super awkward for whatever reason, wait.

Archived