Sometimes I just want to stick my head in the dirt like an ostrich

RobinFox

So today I hung out with a girl I kind of fancied, and things were going alright. We watched movies, that was the plan for a while now, and I figured she liked me back a little. So I tried my luck and held her hand, then got to cuddling on the couch together... this is fairly normal for me I guess. At the end of the day though I tried to kiss her and she didn't like that. So now I feel like a complete dolt and just want to give up again. I have terrible luck with women as it is, and I was kind of anticipating that something would go wrong. Something always does... right now I'm just really ashamed. We met through mutual friends so it's not like I'm never going to see her again, and it's just... rather embarrassing. She's going to tell her friends, I'll probably be teased about it (even though I'm over 20, my friends are like that), and ugh, just... sometimes I don't want to feel anything for women at all. Something always goes wrong. I should just give up and focus on my studies and get past the basic life things I guess. Right now I just want to hide from the world and not come out!

Um, I think you're trying for too much too soon and not reading the signals.

Women are people, why don't you just make friends with them and get to know them. You don't have to head straight for the lips and the 'cuddles'. It looks really obvious and makes it seem as if you're just after one thing.

Change your attitude and approach these girls with friendship and respect. Then they'll respond differently to you.

Going off what catfeeder said,

What you normally do may not work not necessarily because of you but because there are many types of women out there. Some women want you to let them know you're interested and won't let you know otherwise, but that doesn't mean you have to make it obvious either. I give you kudos, believe it or not, for taking some initiative but as was previously stated, you may have come on a bit too strong. I also don't think it's a reason to run and hide and feel that embarrassed. Use it as a learning experience and move on. Seriously, you'll be fine and I doubt she was that offended by it, by the way. She just may have felt it was too soon is all

Archived