Scheduling Second Date

MonWedFri

We had first date on Thursday morning. Texted Thursday night, and Friday morning. She was gone from Friday morning until Sunday night at a tournament at another college. I called Tuesday night for a second date, but got voicemail. Left a voicemail.

What should be my expectations for a response? Move on if nothing in 24 hours? Text if nothing in 48 hours? Ladies, what would you do if a guy left you a voicemail saying he had a great time and would love to see you again this weekend? (note: I'm a guy asking).

Most people always have their phones on them so she should have replied back to you by now, but maybe she is busy. Wait until tonight and text her saying that you left her a voicemail asking her out on a second date and wondered if she got the message. If she doesn't respond to the text either then just move on.

Move on if no reply in the next 24 hrs.

Update: She got back to me, and said that she had a great time, but wants to make her intentions clear: because she feels she has excessive baggage from ex boyfriend she feels she should only be seeking friendships at this point.

Update #2:

She texted me today saying: "I'm pretty busy this weekend. But I might be down to grab some lunch or study or something" after I told her that (paraphrasing) I understood and that the intentions on my end were just to keep getting to know someone I had clicked with more and that I was hoping this weekend we could do dinner this weekend. I told her she was great and that I enjoyed our time (But given the circumstances) If you're free down the line, take care."

Friend zone?

Update: She got back to me, and said that she had a great time, but wants to make her intentions clear: because she feels she has excessive baggage from ex boyfriend she feels she should only be seeking friendships at this point.

That's a lying response. If that was the case, she should have told you that right after the date (make her intentions clear). Matter of fact, that type of decision (why she's dating) should have been stated before the 1st date.

A woman doesn't wait for several days after you had to contact her again, in order to then tell you why she's dating. If a woman enjoyed the date, she will immediately let the man know that. You should have known by Thursday night, or Friday morning whether she wanted to go on another date.

To be fair to her, when she told me she stated "I've somewhat recently realized that I have excess baggage..." So who knows when prior before the first date?

Would she have had "excess baggage" if you were the man of her dreams? In the future (if you didn't previously do this), you should get a timeline on how long they've been available since their last breakup. That's one of my priority items to discuss either before, or on a first date.

You're correct in noting that there's no telling what's going on with her. You're right in moving on, but leaving her an opening if her "interest level" in you rises above that of her "ex".

Archived