after two years

How about being dumped, seeing a new love interest turn into a full on relationship in less than a month, and share the responsibilities of a child? Sounds like a dream right?

Well that's my situation. Sometimes I think it would be easier if she truly was out of my life forever. I used to think that my only escape was to leave this city and start all over, but you can't escape your feelings. You can't escape your mental confusion. Sometimes it's the very obstacle that will be our salvation. In dealing with my ex, I've learned to keep my distance both physically and mentally. There are days, like today, where a scenario occurs that reminds me of the pain of losing it all. That's when I try my damnest to take control of where my mental energy is going and focus it elsewhere. My business and my hobbies are what I tend to divert towards.

Accept that the thoughts are there but then take unprecedented action to quickly shift your focus, otherwise a paralysis of sorts will overcome you and pull you down into that abyss of past remorse. It's one thing to have a fresh wound from a relationship, but to trap yourself in a grieving cage is self flagellation that quickly breaks down any emotional foundation you have built. Do everything in your might to avoid that place. It's hard, I know it is, but it's also the only way.

You are your own worst enemy (cliche wisdom ftw). You are also your greatest ally.

Hi villagehero.

Sorry for a late reply... Last few days were very much intense at work, so I saw your post today.

Sorry about your situation. It is very difficult to distance yourself mentally from your ex.

Sincerely hope that you will win this battle soon.

In my mind also there are thoughts to leave the city.

Unfortunately things at my work have not be good lately.

I was thinking to leave everithing, move to another country for a fresh start.

New environment, new job, hopefully a new girlfriend.....everithing new to distract my mind from my old life and my ex.

I feel that I need to reset myself and to start my life from the very beginning...

Maybe I will do this.

And who knows perhaps some new opportunities that bring benefits to my life will apear.

Today I did a good jogging workout. It really helps to feel better and to look on broken up relationship from a brighter perspective

Archived