had the first date, too soon for the second?

wanderer

i haven't been here for a while. anyway, here's my situation:

last saturday i went out with a girl that i had met a few weeks prior (we were hooked up by mutual friends). long story short, the date went really well in my opinion; we we're actually out for about 6 or 7 hours, got dinner and saw a movie, and just hung out and talked. there weren't any awkward silences or anything like that throughout the whole date. i'd like to ask her out again soon. the trouble is, she's sort of shy when it comes to dating, so she doesn't flirt, and without that i have a hard time figuring out if she likes me as much i liker her. i'm pretty sure i'm the first guy who's ever asked her out, or at the very least the first actual date she's been on, based on what she told me (she had one "boyfriend" for a few weeks but it was at a summer camp)

also, this weekend my friends (who are a couple) want to go on a double date with me and the girl i went out with 3 days ago. i'd like to go out with her again, certaintly, but i feel like asking her out two weekends in a row might come off as needy or something like that and might make her think i'm desperate or something. am i just being paranoid? what do you guys think? thanks in advance for any advice.