me and my ex are thinking about getting back together but it seems weird cuz one reason i think she broke up with me is because i suck at convos. in 7th grade i used to be pretty good at it but now this year it seems like all we ussually do is give eachother a bunch of different facial expressions

actions do speak louder then words.

i read somewhere that "86% of a conversation is non-verbal"

from your facial expressions and body language a person says more then words do. watch her body language, watch her actions, they will tell you more then her words do.

Yeah, that fact about the conversation is pretty much on mark. A conversation flows smoothly when you've got good body language, eye contact, relaxed facial expressions, etc. That's a big part of a conversation, and sometimes not so much the words. However, a conversation can't work unless you DO talk, haha.

What are you reasons for getting back together? Do you know hers, and have you asked her? How about yours?

I think that if it's difficult for you to keep a conversation going with her, it's not that you have to 'get better,' it may just mean you don't connect well with her. Maybe she's not your type? That's just a guess, though. If you truly want the relationship to work deep down, then you'll find no trouble to adapting and getting a convo going. I hope that puts it into perspective.