Dating advice needed, how should I have handled this?

Fufu

I'm just curious if what I've done is not advised?

I have been an acquaintance with this guy for a couple of years. We didn't actually start "talking" until late July. We started to date and it was only for three weeks.

I received a text message requesting to just be friends from the person. He informed me that he would plan to have a conversation with me about the situation. I had a feeling this probably wasn't going to happen.

Eventually, I sent him an email informing him that there was no need to "talk" and that we were too young any way and we have growing up to do and that I would be fine just with being friends and that there were no harsh feelings intended.

I learned long ago that I can't hold in any negative feelings as I have been holding them in all my life and has taken a toll on me. So I decided to forgive most of the things that happen in life. (With a few exceptions of course)

I mean honestly, I have no idea what it's like to get dumped like this. I mean, did I get dumped? Am I supposed to be offended? Or am I insane? I'd like to think I'm not.

How do you think I should of handled this situation?

If you need to absolutely need to know, I'm 20 years old.

I think you handled it more maturely than he did. I mean, come on. Who sends a text saying they don't want to date, but they'd like to make plans to talk about it? Just call the person to begin with. Grow a pair. No worries, you did fine. On to the next one!!

I agree. You're handled it well. There is nothing to forgive, or be offended by. You dated for 3 weeks, and one of you decided to break it off.

You'll be doing this yourself in the future, until you find the right person for you. That's what dating is all about. Is there more to this, or you're just not use to someone turning you down?

I'm just wondering if I was "crazy" or whatever it's called for doing something like this. I mean I've dated multiple times before but I feel so behind when it comes to social and dating etiquette. I tend to over think multiple times and wanted to make sure what I did was the right thing. I appreciate everyone's feedback.

Archived