I feel trapped

Amyleigh20

Me and my boyfriend have been together 2 years. We were together for 3 months and I fell pregnant. We went from being in the honey moon period to having to move in together and having a baby. We have the best little boy in the entire world now and I wouldn't change that for the world. But our relationship is just completely dead. We don't have sex, we're horrible to each other, say horrible things during arguments (more so him) we don't have fun, we don't get along in general. I've tried to walk away a few times but I just feel trapped. I'm miserable. He makes a lot more money than me, I couldn't afford the house without him, I couldn't afford general living expenses without him so if I left I'd have no where to go. Another reason I feel like I can't leave is because of our son. And another big reason is that I don't like feeling lonely. I'm so unhappy with him, he's just not the person I fell in love with. He just doesn't care anymore.

Any advice?

Hey Amyleigh, so sorry for your pain. I know you've heard this before, but you do have to work to make a marriage work.

I think you guys should try marital counseling. If he's not willing to try, then I would say you are at an impasse.

Author: Harville Hendricks has some good books you might try reading, one great one is "Keeping the Love You Find."

I'm always amazed at people (and not you necessarily) who enter into marriage or have children, and never

even consider reading some potentially helpful material. I believe a happy marriage is a mindset we adopt. My wife

and I go on dates. We also try to look for the good in each other, and our marriage. Yes we fight, and have bad times,

but our marriage is strong because we work at it. When I was much younger, I thought my relationships would fulfill me in

every way. It's just not the case. The relationship is part of the package, with work, children, hobbies and interests. Etc.

Sorry to ramble. I do wish you the best.

You sounds frustrated about a lot.

As mentioned, do you think it might help to try & work on this relationship? Some counselling?

Many people have broken up over the years, even with children involved. If you feel you need to move on, you CAN leave.

A home, etc is just material possesions. Your mentality is what matters here.

I've had to break up in my past, with an alcoholic. I was able to manage thru the yrs. with assistance (gov't). As I never made enough on my own. So if you're wanting out, I suggest you speak with services about your situation.

Archived