I might be in love with my same-sex friend

Hello. I'm a girl who has been straight all my life. I've always liked boys and I talk about boys with my other friends. Recently though, I found out that I like one of my friends. It didn't start out like that though. When I saw her for the first time I knew I felt something for her that was different than what I felt for all my other friends. At the time I didn't know if what I was feeling was positive or negative. After we had this week long trip together and we sat on the plane with each other I realised I really liked her. On the plane we sat next to each other and talked and laughed about a bunch of things. There were 3 seats, she sat next to the window, the middle seat was empty and I sat close to the aisle. Our feet were in the middle and they got in some weird positions. It was actually really awkward for me because when ever we would shift I would blush and I was so scared that she saw. Since that trip we started hanging out a lot more. I sit with her and her friends at lunch and break and we talk a lot. We also chat a lot online and our chats can go on for hours. I honestly never get tired of talking to her and I just want to be with her all the time. I always get jealous whenever she talks about a boy or even when she talks to some girls. I also get a little mad when her friends tease her about a boy. I told another one of my friends about this and how confused I was because there are times when I think she likes me that way too. The other friend that I told said she also thought she liked me because after we got back from summer vacation she was looking really hard for me and she stopped in the middle of a conversation with her best friend to talk to me. She also thought she liked me because she read the chats we had and they didn't seem like how she would normally talk to friends.

A couple days ago I told her how I felt. We didn't get a chance to talk alone that day so I she told me online that she thought I was amazing and that she'd never find a boy that was as nice or as funny as me. She told me she didn't want to make things awkward and that she liked me too, but I don't think she likes me in the way I like her. We agreed that we wouldn't make things awkward, but it's so painful sometimes because I think she flirts with me sometimes and it's so confusing because I thought she rejected me. I don't know if she's not ready to admit her feelings for me to herself or if she's unintentionally flirting, but it's so painful and I really don't know what to do.

Gosh these type of stories are hot....

Anyway, I'm sorry, I'm a bit immature sometimes. Listen, the girl doesn't seem to be on the same page with you. She's friendly, but not into girls like you so probably isn't going to take this thing much further than it already is. Your best bet is to try and move on as best you can. Have you thought about being with a girl? Maybe you should experiment a bit with that, could make you feel better?

Archived