I just whent through a rough breakup with a girl that I had been seeing for about a year. I'm having a VERY hard time getting through this. I feel guilty in some sense because she was very committed and I couldn't support that commitment. I miss her and at the same time I'm angry at her for making this break up messier than it had to be. To top it off, I'm really frustrated because I don't seem to be able to let her go and move on... oh, and she has a new boyfriend, which is never fun to think about. Finally, I'm moving to Sweden tomorrow to study abroad for a semester and I don't know what things will be like when I see her next.

Does anyone have suggestions about how to move on here? I'm generally pretty rational and have never had such trouble moving on from relationships. I'm at my whits end.

The fact that you are moving to a completely unfamiliar place is a good start b/c nothing will remind you of her. Unfortunately, this thing takes time but if you have faith and remind yourself you couldn't commit maybe it'll help. Treat Sweden like a new beginning and go out and enjoy what it has to offer. Keep youself extremely busy and try meeting new people...do not lock yourself in a room and mope. You are already one step ahead of the game It wasn't meant to be right now. Maybe when you return things will be different but facts are facts....you said it yourself, you could not commit; you are going to Sweden; and you have more personal development to work on. Treat this as a way of making yourself a better person and have a little faith. This may be a way of making it workout when you get back. And don't worry about the messy breakup..time heals all wounds. By the time you get back it will all be water underneath the bridge if you play your hand right. Just have confidence in yourself this was meant to be.

please don't ruin this incredible experience by pining over this girl. you are young and should be having fun in Sweden. When I moved to France I was getting over someone and boy, lemme tell you it was freat therapy. all kinds of hotties running around. but i digress. go out and have fun. it will keep your mind off of things.

best of luck,

belle