Am I seeing something that's not there?

Juniper jump

Ok so there's a woman in work who I really like but haven't really thought she may like me. There have been some signs, but I still cannot say for definite she like me. However there is another girl, who works with us, we are a small team. I obviously talk to the other girl, well she talks to me more, and we laugh and take the mickey, and she calls me names. She called me a name today in front of her, and she almost detached herself from The group and got on with her own thing. Another thing is when I'm around this other girl, she won't engage with me as much? She almost goes a bit quiet? Most of the time she really nice with me, always, 'thanks Dan' and things well today I left work and had to go back for something as I was walking back accross the car park I had a laugh and a joke with the other girl, as I walked back into work, she seemed very different compared to when she spoke literally 5 minutes ago, she was very blunt with me, and almost sounded she was close to tears? I really cannot understand what's going on. She's also on her phone texting a lot which is why I assumed she may be seeing someone and have no reason to like me. Girls, any ideas? Why would she speak with me less when the other girls around?

That was yest, today she seems distant towards me, she's fine with the other girl, we were together and she completely ignored me in the conversation and just talked to her. She's also very friendly etc, but today she just wasn't the same, she even struggled to say my name properly stumbling her words. I really don't know what to think.

Are there any other signs or situations or behaviours that would imply she is interested in you. From what you've written so far, I would say she's probably just moody and her personality changes depending on the situation. I don't see any sign that she is interested in you yet...some girls are just friendly.

Hey Dan,

well, you'll never know for sure if that woman likes you, until you ask her out for a coffee or something similar. As you wrote, you really seem to like her, and I guess you also want her to like you? How much time do you spent with that other female coworker of yours that you seem to get along with pretty well? Are you working in projects together?

Based on what you write there are two possibilities:

1. She is not that interested in you and just has her own business going on.

2. She likes you a lot, is shy and feels intimidated by that other coworker because she sees that there is a lot of chemistry between you and your coworker (you joke around a lot etc.) that she herself doesn't share with you. She will respect that and won't come between you two. If she seems emotionally distant than that is a way of protecting herself from getting hurt, in that case she may also have a crush on you already. It is always painful to see a crush having so much fun with another woman, even if we get along with that other woman great. Does she give you compliments?

If you like her, walk over to her and say hello, smile, ask her questions, like how she is doing, if she had a great weekend and what she did. Woman love it if a guys shows interest. Make her laugh, that's even better.

I think you are reading way too much into her behavior. It's possible, even likely her behavior around you, has nothing to do with you. I'm going to go on a limb here and suggest you are attracted to this woman. Sometimes when we are attracted to someone we like to interpret things as signs of reciprocation. The reality is a lot of us are just guilty of wishful thinking.

If you are interested flirt and ask her out. Personally I don't think co-workers should date. But to each his own.

Yes she does. She's in the past complimented me on being a gent, and on my work.

I do like her yes, a lot, I suppose like what's been said in hoping she feels the same, but reading the replies, I guess not.

Give it a try and go talk to her. I act very similar around a coworker that I like a lot, so there is a chance that she likes you too.

Archived