Can I believe him?

Hullo everybody! I've been dating my boyfriend for around 2 months and just recently he has began telling me that I'm beautiful. I seemed to just come out of nowhere, and now he says it quite often (He says he has to keep reminding me). I'm just wodering, should I believe thats what he thinks? Can I believe he's being sincere? ..Sometimes he'll say something that's incredibly sweet, but a little cliched -- Again, are these just things everybody says or is he really being sincere? Have you ever told someone they're beautiful without meaning it?? THANKS

You're boyfriend doesn't have to tell you those things, but still he chooses to. He's giving you compliments because that is what he truly feels. Somehow, you should accept them as being sincere, because if you can't believe him telling you who else are you gonna believe... your mom? I agree with Dragongirl about your own self esteem. How is it? Are you just being modest?

Take the compliment for what it is, and don't think so much!

It could be that he felt shy about saying it to begin with. I must confess, there are times when I've been cautious telling a woman I felt she was beautiful because sometimes women don't take compliments for what they are.

Yep. There wouldn't be alot of guys that would say it but not mean it, chances are hes paying you a sincere compliment.

It might make you feel uncomfortable and its proabably a little cheesy to hear him say it, but he means it. He says it that way because it's a little more tactful than just saying 'damn girl, you've got a nice bod!'...