Open Club  ·  88 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Eyebrow tattoo gone bad 2 times

adequate

Had my eyebrows tattooed beginning of May and two weeks later it all peeled off. Mind you I followed all the instructions and used the appropriate aftercare products. In the beginning of June I had them redone and in a better color for me. The past couple of days they are peeling off again. I bought an aftercare tattoo product line that was specifically for new tattoos and I followed the directions to the tee. I had my eyebrows first tattooed in 2009 by the same person and it worked fine then. But after having it done twice and not working I don't want to have him try it again. Is it appropriate to ask for a refund? I have never been in this type of situation before and it is suppose to last at least a couple of years when you have them done and it lasted me 5 years from when I first had it done. Should I ask for a full refund including the tip, without the tip or a reduced refund? Hoping some of you out there know what I should do. I have to contact him today or tomorrow at the latest.

Thank you for your replies.

Hmmm. Did you sign anything before you had it done that said something to the effect of, "I release _____ from liability" or "I understand that my results may not be what I want" or anything like that?

No I did not sign anything like that. The fact is that it came right off on half of both eyebrow so I have one half of my eyebrows with no color and very sparse hairs and the other half with full color and I look VERY weird. I am going to contact him tomorrow to talk about it. I paid a lot of money for this and for it to not take two times I really should get some sort of refund.

So did you contact them? How did it go?

I did leave him a couple of messages stating I want a refund and to please call me so we can talk about it. He did not return my call yet. I actually called a couple of different places that have done permanent makeup for a longer period of time and I was told it sounds like it could have been applied wrong, expired ink or other things that could have happened. All I know is it looks so funny the way it is now and my friend came over tonight and was shocked when she saw my eyebrows. Will see what happens when he contacts me.

ive had a few tattoos and sometimes they just peel no matter how good the artist is or how well you take care of them after....

my foot tattoo was done by a professional, in a tattoo shop, i used all the appropriate after care products and part of it still "peeled" off. the artist warned that might happen and said if it did he would touch it up for free. did your artist say that?

my large back tattoo was done by an at home artist (not licensed) and i couldnt really use after care products because of the location. it healed fine and there was no peeling.

sometimes that just happens and it cant be helped. if the artist was legit id think he would know this and offered a free touch up in case that happened.

Update- He sent me a refund that I agreed was fair to both of us. He did some research and with my current particular situation my body rejected the tattoo. I did research myself and I found out I should not get any tattoo even my eyebrows. We both did not know this going into it but I am glad it turned out the way it did. Thanks for all your help!

Archived